Canker sores are shallow and small ulcers that appear in our mouth. This condition obviously can make eating and talking harder. There are two common types of canker sores which are simple canker sores, which is a canker sores that usually appear quite frequent during a year. Other type of canker sores would be comlex canker sores, which is the type that is recurrence.
The symptoms of canker sores is that is the ulcers in our mouth. Minor or simple canker sores usually has a small and oval shaped. It is usually cured within 2 weeks. Other type of canker sores which is major canker sores has bigger and deeper ulcers. It is also have round and clear border. Opposite to minor canker sores that usually not very painful, the major canker sores will be feel extremely painful.
If your family member has history of getting canker sores, it is more likely that you will also get to. Although at some cases the cause of this order is not easily defined, but canker sores is usually caused by virus, menstrual cycle, lack of certain vitamin, and mouth injury.
Related Acupuncture Points :
Acupuncture treatment for Canker Sores (Cold Sores)
Acupuncture treatment for canker sores would carefully choose acupoints. Usually, acupoint chosen to treat this condition located near the mouth. Among many acupoints that located near the mouth would be the acupoints at lower lateral ridge of the patella, which is located below ST35 acupoint.
The way the acupuncture treatment work is based on old traditional chinese medication practise. When people get canker sores in their mouth, it is believed that the disease is caused by over heat inside their body. Therefore the treatment given will aim to reduce this heat. Along with this treatment, the patient will be adviced to have the dietary changes, which is eating food that have cooling effect.
- Dental Health and Canker Sores, webmd.com, http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/canker-sores
- Diseases and Conditions : Canker Sores, mayoclinic.org, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/canker-sore/basics/symptoms/con-20021262
- What Are the Causes and Risk Factors?,healthline.com, http://www.healthline.com/health/canker-sores#CausesandRiskFactors4
- Mouth Sores – Causes and Treatment, Posted on August 11, 2010 by Joyce, http://www.acupuncture-services.com/basic-theory/acupuncture/mouth-sores-causes-and-treatment/
- Acupuncture Relieves Anxiety, January 1, 2013, https://cynthiamcgilvray.com/tag/canker-sores/