Carpal tunnel syndrome is a disorder that appear because the nerve that located inside the our hand getting squeezed or pressed. This nerve is responsible to control the sensations of our palm. If this nerve get unusual pressure, then we may feel pain, weakness, or even numbness at our hand and wrist.
The symptoms of the carpal tunnel syndrome is that is the unusual feeling at our hand and wrist. Other simple things that we can say that we have would be the problems at our fingers other than our little finger.
The pain come with the carpal tunnel is due to extra pressure that our hand can bear. This pressure can come from inflamation which is cause swelling. This inflamation is caused by many things such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and autoimmune disorders.
Related Acupuncture Points :
LU8 LU9 PC6 ST12
Acupuncture treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
To treat the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) disorder, acupuncturist will give treatment for as long as 4 weeks. Each week, patient will received 2 treatment session. Each session will last for 60 minutes. The treatment will use needle at the size of 0.25*40 mm.
The treatment of acupuncture will stimulate the nervous system that in turn will release the neurochemical messenger molecules. The resulted changed in biochemical will induce the body to cure themselves.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Topic Overview, webmd.com, http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/carpal-tunnel-syndrome-topic-overview
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Fact Sheet, ninds.nih.gov, http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/carpal_tunnel/detail_carpal_tunnel.htm
- What Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?, healthline.com, http://www.healthline.com/health/carpal-tunnel-syndrome#Causes2
- Acupuncture in treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome: A randomized controlled trial study, ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3523426/
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, acupuncture.org.uk, http://www.acupuncture.org.uk/a-to-z-of-conditions/a-to-z-of-conditions/3629-acupuncture-and-carpel-tunnel-syndrome.html