Metabolic Syndrome is not a single disease, rather than it is a group of contributing factors that affecting somebody’s tendention to have heart disease, diabetes, and stroke. Metabolic is the biochemical process inside our body.
The symptoms or signs that indicating that you might have metabolic syndrome are :
– Big size of waist (more than 37 inches)
– High level of triglyceride
– Low level of HDL
– High blood pressure
– Insulin resistence
– Having deep vein thrombosis
– Easy to get inflammed.
The risk factors of metabolic syndrome including medical conditions, genetics, and environmental. People with obesity disorder have a big tendency of developing metabolic syndrome. Other risk factor that may increase the chance of getting metabolic syndrome are smoking habit, high carbohydrate consumption, sedentary lifestyle, and post menopause women.
Related Acupuncture Points :
GB 21, SI 14 and SI 15
Acupuncture Treatment For Metabolic Syndrome
Traditional Chinese Medicine not recognize metabollic syndrome, but it does recognize the symptoms of it. The central of this syndrome are insulin resistance and glucose intolerance. These symptoms are caused by excessive heat in the body, spleen qi deficiency, and stagnation of qi. To resolve this problem, acupuncturist will targeting some acupoints which are Feishu (BL 13), Ganshu (BL18), Pishu (BL 20), Weishu (BL 21), and Shen shu (BL 23). This treatment follow the treatment pattern which are to communicate with corresponding organs (Lung, Liver, Spleen, Stomach, and Kidney) to help generate the yin and dispel dryness and heat.4
- What Is Metabolic Syndrome? – NHLBI, NIH, https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ms
- Metabolic syndrome – NHS Choices, http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/metabolic-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx
- Metabolic Syndrome Symptoms, Treatment, Causes – How common, http://www.medicinenet.com/metabolic_syndrome/page2.htm
- Collaborative Care for Metabolic Syndrome … – OCOM Library, https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiNu-ml0bbRAhVBro8KHZfXDSUQFgg4MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Flibrary.ocom.edu%2Fimages%2Fstudent_research%2Fcapstones%2FSchulte%2C%2520April.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFKQv5PLXogXOqPRroO7V0B3-UT9A&bvm=bv.143423383,d.c2I