‘Pink Eye’ or conjunctivitis is a condition occurs when the conjunctiva becomes infected and inflamed. The inflamed small blood vessel in the conjunctiva become easily visible. Thus making the eyes look red or pink. 1
The symptoms of viral pinkeye are; redness of the eye, swollen eyelids, itchy eyelids , swollen face, and white pus from the eyes.2
Pinkeye is a common and highly contagious condition. Mostly, pink eye is caused by viral or bacterial infections, eyes that are too dry due to wind and sun exposure, exposure to chemicals or smoke, and allergies.
Related Acupuncture Points :
Acupuncture Treatment For ‘Pink Eye’ (Conjunctivitis)
The treatment principle of acupuncture to treat ‘pink eye’ are :
1. Disperse wind heat, clear off the fire, brighten the eyes.
GB 20, UB 1, Tai Yang, Eye point, eye 1, eye 2, and Liver point, SJ 5 , L.I. 4, L.I. 11
2. Exuberance of fire in the Liver and G.B. Channels
Liv 2, GB 43
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis) – Mayo Clinic, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pink-eye/basics/definition/con-20022732
- Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis) Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment, http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/tc/pinkeye-topic-overview#1
- Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis): Causes, Symptoms & Treatment – Live Science, http://www.livescience.com/54869-pink-eye-symptoms-treatment.html
- Acupuncture.Com – Acute Conjunctivitis, http://www.acupuncture.com/Conditions/conjunct.htm