Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) occurs as a result of one or a series of traumatic situations. Examples of traumatic situations are; natural disasters, serious accidents, terrorist attacks, death of a loved one.
PTSD can be very frightening and people who have this condition find it hard to have a normal daily life. Symptoms usually begin soon after the traumatic event but sometimes may emerge months or even years after the traumatic event.2
Not all people are affected by PTSD. The cause of PTSD are complex but include :
– Underlying mental health problems
– Life experiences
– The body’s response to stress
Related Acupuncture Points :
HT7 LV3 PC6
Acupuncture Treatment For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an mental disorder that can be caused by stressful events. Acupuncture, which is recognised as a complementary therapy is considered to be an effective treatment. The acupuncturist must determine the disease pattern to establish the treatment protocol. Each patient will need a different treatment protocol as each patient is unique. To get a more effective result, the acupuncturist will combine the treatment with other treatment such as moxibustion.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) | Anxiety and Depression, https://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/posttraumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder-Symptoms – WebMD, http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/tc/post-traumatic-stress-disorder–symptoms#1
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) Causes – Mayo Clinic, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder/basics/causes/con-20022540
- Acupuncture for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Systematic Review, https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2013/615857/