Pregnancy, also known as gestation, is the time during which one or more offspring develops inside a woman. A multiple pregnancy involves more than one offspring, such as with twins. Pregnancy can occur by sexual intercourse or assisted reproductive technology. Childbirth typically occurs around 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). This is just over nine months, where each month averages 29½ days. When measured from conception it is about 38 weeks. An embryo is the developing offspring during the first eight weeks following conception, after which, the term fetus is used until birth. Symptoms of early pregnancy may include missed periods, tender breasts, nausea and vomiting, hunger, and frequent urination. Pregnancy may be confirmed with a pregnancy test.
Signs of pregnancy are :
– Missed menstrual period
– Tender and enlarged breasts
– Frequent urination
Generally, pregnancy occurs due to sexual intercourse. However, now,pregnancy can occur as a result of assisted reproductive technology.
Related Acupuncture Points :
KD3 GB30 GB34 LV3 UB40
Acupuncture Treatment For Pregnancy Symptoms
Acupuncture treatment is believed to have a benefit for pregnant women. The benefits of the treatment depend on the stage of the pregnancy. Acupuncture given during the first trimester of pregnancy (0-12 weeks) will help to ease morning sickness, prevent miscarriage, and reduce fatigue. Treatment at this first trimester is given every week. The treatment at the second trimester (12-36 weeks) will benefit the development of the baby. Treatment at this second trimester is given twice a month. The treatment at the last trimester (36-40 weeks) will benefit the pregnant woman by relieving pain and help prepare for the labour.
- Pregnancy – Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Symptoms: Early Signs That You Might Be Pregnant, http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-am-i-pregnant#1
- How Pregnancy Happens | How Long Does It Take To Get Pregnant, https://www.plannedparenthood.org/teens/sex/how-pregnancy-happens
- Acupuncture Treatment during Pregnancy – Nancy Rakela, OMD, Lac, http://www.nancyrakela.com/pregnancy.php