A premature baby is a baby born between 28 and 36 weeks gestation. Premature babies have a higher than normal mortality and morbidity rate but are less at risk the nearer to full term that they are born.
Indication of premature birth signalled by Premature labour.
– Pre-term babies then are at greater risk of developing
– Cerebral palsy.
– Delay in development
– Hearing problems
– Sight problems
Risk factors for premature birth are; diabetes, high blood pressure, multiple pregnancies, obesity, underweight, vaginal infections, smoking, and psychological stress.
All low weight pre-term babies need to be nursed in a special care baby unit. Whilst complementary treatments might be encouraged, any ‘alternative therapy’ might be expressly forbidden by the medical staff
Related Acupuncture Points :
Yuji, Feishu, Dazhui, Dingchuan, Lieque Fengmen, Tanzhong, Neiguan, allergic point.
Acupuncture Treatment For Premature Baby
As acupuncture involves needles as the tool for treatment, the treatment must be performed very carefully and by an expert acupuncturist. The aim of the treatment for premature baby is to promote the blood and qi circulation. In this way, the baby will receives great benefit, increasing life expectancy significantly. To get a more effective result, the treatment can be combined with complementary treatment such as massage.
- Preterm birth – Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preterm_birth
- Premature birth Symptoms – Mayo Clinic, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/premature-birth/basics/symptoms/con-20020050
- Premature Infant: Causes, Complications, and More – Healthline, http://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/premature-infant#Complications3
- Acupuncture as a therapeutic treatment option for threatened … – NCBI, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3342918/