Prostatic Hypertrophy is an enlargement of the prostate common in men over 50 years of age.1
Sign and symptoms of enlarged prostate are:
– Difficulty starting or stopping when urinating.
-A weak flow of urine.
– Frequency urinating especially during the night or prolonged dribbling after finish urinating.
The cause of prostate enlargement is unknown, or not clearly understood. However, factors include genetics, older age, and the male hormone.
Related Acupuncture Points :
REN3 SP9 SP6 REN1 LR2 BL54
Acupuncture Treatment For Prostatic Hypertrophy
Acupuncture treatment for Prostatic Hypertrophy a conducted by inserting the needles at the acupoints of Zhongji (CV3) and Guanyuan (CV4) and bilateral Zusanli (ST36) and Sanyinjiao (SP6) acupoints. Before giving electro-stimulation to these acupoints, manual stimulation is given until the sensation of de qi is achieved. Electro- stimulation is given for up to 20 minutes and the course lasts for 6 weeks. Each week the patient receives 2 treatment sessions.
- Prostate problems – NHS Choices, http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Prostate-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy, http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/437359-overview
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or Hypertrophy | Andrology Australia, https://www.andrologyaustralia.org/prostate-problems/prostate-enlargement-or-bph/
- Effects of Electroacupuncture on Benign Prostate Hyperplasia Patients, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3092516/