Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)is an autoimmune disorder. It is a long term condition that causes pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints. The symptoms usually affect the hands,feet and wrists. There may be periods when symptoms become worse, known as a flare.
Flares can be difficult to predict, but with treatment it’s possible to decrease the number of flares and minimise or prevent long-term damage to the joints.
Some people with RA also experience problems in other parts of the body, or more general symptoms such as tiredness and weight loss.
The symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis are :
– Joint stiffness
– Joint Inflammation or swelling
– Rheumatoid nodules
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease. This means that the immune system, which usually fights infection, attacks the cells which line the joints by mistake, making the joints swollen stiff and painful. The exact cause of this disorder is unknown,
Related Acupuncture Points :
LI11 TE5 LI4 ST36 GB34 GB39
Acupuncture Treatment For Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Acupuncture seems to be an effective way to treat (RA). Treatment is given 5 times a week. The acupoints targeted are :
Stimulation at the time of this treatment is done by manual stimulation. Although acupuncture treatment seems to be effective, combining the treatment with other treatment such as herbal medicine and moxibustion will increase the effectiveness.
- Overview – Rheumatoid arthritis – Mayo Clinic, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/home/ovc-20197388
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – RA – Center: Symptoms, Pain Relief, Causes, http://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/guide/rheumatoid-athritis-symptoms-types
- Diseases and Conditions Rheumatoid Arthritis, http://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Diseases-Conditions/Rheumatoid-Arthritis
- Acupuncture And Moxa Alleviate Rheumatoid Arthritis – HealthCMi, http://www.healthcmi.com/Acupuncture-Continuing-Education-News/1606-acupuncture-herbs-and-moxa-alleviate-rheumatoid-arthritis