Scars are new tissue that replace normal skin after an injury. It is the biological process of wound healing in the skin. This term also applied to other tissues of the body. Therefore, scars are part of the natural healing process. New tissue called scars is composed of the same collagen as old tissues that is being replaced.
Scars have the following characteristics :
– Raised red or pale skin compared with the other skin around
– May feel itchy
– May be painful tight feeling
– Usually larger than original wound
– May have a burning sensation
Scars can be caused by :
– Accidental injury
– Body piercing
Related Acupuncture Points :
yang ming, shao yang, tai yang, shao yin, tai yin and jue yin.
Acupuncture Treatment For Scars
The treatment of scars by acupuncture aims to remove blood stasis. By removing blood stasis, the blood circulation will be better,and thus heal faster and help any possible pain or tightness. To achieve this, the technique of Zheng gu shui is used. This needling technique is done by inserting needles until the needles penetrate the bone.
- Scar – Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scar
- Scars – Types – NHS Choices, http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Scars/Pages/Symptoms.aspx
- Scars – Causes – NHS Choices, http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Scars/Pages/Causes.aspx
- A Simplified Approach to the Treatment of Scars … – Acupuncture Today, http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/mpacms/at/article.php?id=27842