Sexual dysfunction or sexual disorder is disorder experienced by one people or a couple who have difficulty with normal sexual activity. The disorder can affect physical pleasure, desire, preference, arousal, or orgasm indeed any aspect of sexual activity. In order to be classed as a problem it should have lasting for at least 6 months.
One type of sexual dysfunction is erectile dysfunction. In this instance the male is unable to maintain an erection, and/ or reduced sexual desire.
There are many things that can cause sexual dysfunction including :
– Endocrine hormone disease
– Neurological and Nerve Disorders
– Certain medications
– Cardiovascular disease
– Certain Lifestyles
– Emotional problems
– Smoking habit
– Alcohol abuse
Related Acupuncture Points :
LR5 CV3 CV14 CV17 PC6 CV4 KI6
Acupuncture Treatment For Sexual Dysfunction
Acupuncture treatment for sexual dysfunction is almost the same as the treatment given to the patient with erectile dysfunction. Treatment will consist of manual and electro-acupuncture. Treatment will be given for five weeks. The treatment given will aim at acupuncture points, BL33 and Pudendal Nerve Point.
- Sexual dysfunction – Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction Symptoms – Mayo Clinic, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/erectile-dysfunction/basics/symptoms/con-20034244
- 5 Common Causes of Impotence – Healthline, http://www.healthline.com/health/erectile-dysfunction/common-causes-impotence#LifestyleFactors6
- Acupuncture Combats Erectile Dysfunction – HealthCMi, http://www.healthcmi.com/Acupuncture-Continuing-Education-News/1364-acupuncture-combats-erectile-dysfunction