Strep Throat is a throat infection caused by the streptococcal bacteria.
Symptoms of Strep Throat begin 1 to 4 days after infection. Symptoms can be mild or severe. Symptoms of strep throat are :
– Sore throat and tonsils
– Red and swollen tonsilitis
– Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
– White patches on the tonsils
Strep throat is caused by a bacterial infection called Streptococcus pyogenes also known as group A streptococcus. The bacteria can spread via air by droplet infection sneezed out from someone previously infected.3
Conventional treatment for a Strep throat is penicillin
Related Acupuncture Points :
EX HT8 KD6 LI17 LI18 LI2 LI3 LU10 LU11 ST10 ST11 ST12 ST9
Acupuncture Treatment For Strep Throat (Sore Throat)
A sore throat can be effectively treated with acupuncture treatment. The disease pattern and treatment are as follow :
1. Wind heat invasion
Disperse pathogenic wind and heat. Reduce swelling to relieve sore throat.
2. Accumulation of heat and toxin from Lung and Stomach.
Clear heat and relieve pain. Treatment focuses on (though is not limited to) the hand and foot Yang Ming channels.
3. Dryness of the Lungs due to Yin deficiency
Nourish Yin, moisten dryness and purge pathogenic fire to relieve sore throat.
- Strep Throat-Topic Overview – WebMD, http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tc/strep-throat-topic-overview#1
- Strep Throat Causes, Symptoms, Treatment – Strep Throat Symptoms, http://www.emedicinehealth.com/strep_throat/page2_em.htm
- Strep throat Symptoms and causes – Mayo Clinic, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/strep-throat/symptoms-causes/dxc-20165964
- Acupuncture.Com – Sore Throat, http://www.acupuncture.com/Conditions/throat.htm