Tooth decay is one of the cause of toothache. This condition occurs when the tooth enamal is broken. Tooth decay also called dental caries or cavities. The colour of cavities range from yellow to black.
Symptoms of dental caries including :
– Difficult eating
– Inflammation of the tissues around tooth
– Tooth loss
– Tooth infection
The main cause of tooth decay is due to bacterial activities around the teeth. This activity can make the tooth breakdown. The hard tissues that can breakdown due to bacterial activity are enamel, dentin, and cementum. This breakdown happens due to acid buildup from sugar or food debris.
Related Acupuncture Points :
LI4 ST6 ST7
Acupuncture Treatment For Tooth Decay
Just like tootache, tooth decay is also regarded as a symptom. Acupuncture treatment for this disorder focus on treating at the acupoint of : Li Dui (ST 45) on the stomach channel, Er Jian (LI 2) on the large intestine channel, and Tai Xi (KI 3) on the kidney channel. After needles are inserted, they will stay in place for 30 minutes and be manipulated once per minute. The treatment will be given everyday for 7 days.
- Tooth decay – Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_decay
- Tooth decay – NHS Choices, http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Dental-decay/Pages/Introduction.aspx
- Cavities/tooth decay Symptoms – Mayo Clinic, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cavities/basics/symptoms/con-20030076
- Lam’s Clinic of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Boulder, Colorado, http://boulderacupuncture.net/article.aspx?id=25