Peptic ulcers are sores that happen inside of the stomach, especially in the lining and the upper portion of small intestine. The term peptic ulcers also describing gastric ulcers and duodenal ulcers.
The most common symptom of a peptic ulcer is stomach pain. Other symptoms would be :
– Hungry sensation
– Weight loss
– Nausea and vomiting
Peptic ulcers mostly caused by infection of bacteria called Helicobacter Pylori. Other cause of peptic ulcers are :
– Long term aspirin use
– Certain medication like ibuprofen
Stress and spicy food do not cause peptic ulcers. However, they can make the symptoms get worse.
Related Acupuncture Points :
P6 REN12 ST36 LIV14 GB34 LIV3
Acupuncture Treatment For Ulcers
Acupuncture treatment is believed to be an effective treatment for ulcer, especially oral ulcers. Acupuncture treatment not cure oral ulcer but prevent the oral ulcers from reocurrence. Patient with recurrent oral ulcer will get benefit from acupuncture treatment, as the treatment make immune system of the patient become stronger and stronger. Acupuncture treatment for preventing oral ulcer targeting the acupoints of ST4, Dicang, ST6, Jiache, ST36, Zusanli, and LI4, Hegu. Additional acupoints maybe added upon further diagnosis. Additional acupoints that may be added including PC8, Laogong, HT5, Tongli, and SP6, Sanyinjiao.
- Peptic ulcer Overview – Mayo Clinic, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peptic-ulcer/home/ovc-20231363
- Stomach ulcers: Causes, symptoms, and treatment – Medical News, http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/312045.php#stomach_ulcer_symptoms
- Stomach Ulcer: Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis – Healthline, http://www.healthline.com/health/stomach-ulcer?m=0#Causes2
- Acupuncture Relieves Rhinitis & Prevents Oral Ulcers – HealthCMi, http://www.healthcmi.com/Acupuncture-Continuing-Education-News/1530-acupuncture-relieves-rhinitis-prevents-oral-ulcers