Pertussis also called whooping cough or 100 day cough is a disease that causes severe coughing. It is a highly contagious disease. The cough is so hard that it can cause vomiting broken ribs and extreme fatigue . Symptoms usually emerge 10 days after being infected.
The symptoms of pertussis are :
– Severe coughing followed by a whooping sound
– Runny nose
Pertussis is mainly caused by the bacteria called Bordatella Pertussis. The bacteria spread is airborne from an infected person coughing or sneezing. Pertussis can be prevented by vaccination.
Related Acupuncture Points :
Lu 7, LI 4, SJ 5, BL 12, ST 40 – fever- LI 11, Du 14 – cough- Ren 22
Acupuncture Treatment For Whooping Cough
Whooping cough is annoying disease. Fortunately, acupuncture treatment has the way to treat it. Acupuncture treatment method believes that whooping cough occurs because of wind invasion either cold or heat. It is also caused by pathogenic attack. To cure this disease, the acupuncturist will perform treatment with the purpose to expel pathogenic attack as well as strengthening lung function. Acupuncture treatment for this disorder will treat the patient by focusing at acupoints of Lu 7, LI 4, SJ 5, BL 12, ST 40, LI 11, Du 14, and Ren 22
- Pertussis – Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pertussis
- Whooping Cough: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention, http://www.webmd.com/children/guide/whooping-cough-symptoms-treatment#1-2
- Whooping cough Causes – Mayo Clinic, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/whooping-cough/basics/causes/con-20023295
- Whooping cough (pertusis)- Acupuncture point treatment, acupuncture, http://tcm.health-info.org/Acupunture/treatment/whooping-cough-pertusis.htm