Hemorrhage generally described as bleeding. But, hemorrhage can also mean as abnormal flow of blood. Hemorrhage can happen both outside and inside of human body. Bleeding outside our body is called as external hemorrhage. Example of internal hemorrhage would be bleeding at the spleen or liver that is located within our body. However, the term hemorrhage is popular to describe a bleeding inside our brain.
Hemorrhage or brain hemorrhage can bring many symptoms. The symptoms emerge depend on the location of the bleeding, how bad is the bleeding, and the amount of brain area that getting affected. Symptoms of brain hemorrhage can showup suddenly or gradually over time. The hemorrhage is consired to be highly dangerous disorder as this can bring death. The symptoms of brain hemorrhage including sudden severe headache, weakness in arm or leg, nausea or vomiting, changes in vision, tingling, Difficulty swallowing, and loss of balance.
Hemorrhage or brain bleeding is mostly caused by high blood pressure. Other cause that might be the cause of hemorrhage including head injury or trauma, ruptured cerebral aneurysm, use of blood thinners, bleeding tumors, cocaine use, and bleeding disorder.
Related Acupuncture Points :
GV26 GV16 PC3 PC6 SP6 SP10 KI3
Acupuncture Treatment For Hemorrhage
Acupuncture treatment for Hemorrhage is very much different between patient to patient, because each patient has different condition. The treatment regimen will depending on the presenting symptomatology of each individual. However the basic principle of acupuncture treatment can follow following guidance :
1. Wind-evil attacking the channels
2. Deficiency of yin in liver and kidney-liver wind due to an excess of yang
3. Obstruction of meridians by wind–phlegm, which will cause deficiency of Qi (energy) and blood.
- Definition of Hemorrhage, medicinenet.com, http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=14263
- What Are the Symptoms of Brain Bleeding?, webmd.com, http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-hemorrhage-bleeding-causes-symptoms-treatments#1-4
- What Are the Causes of Intracerebral Hemorrhage?, healthline.com, http://www.healthline.com/health/lobar-intracerebral-hemorrhage#Causes2
- Acupuncture in Poststroke Rehabilitation, A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Trials, Ping Wu, Edward Mills, David Moher and Dugald Seely, http://stroke.ahajournals.org/content/41/4/e171.full