Just like any other cancer, cancer is a tumor that is consider malignant. Regarding brain cancer, it can be a primary or secondary. Primary cancer mean that the brain cancer is a tumor that originate in the brain and usually never spread to the other organ. While secondary cancer mean that the cancer is coming from other human body.
There are so many types of brain cancer. Among them are meningiomas, neuromas, pituitary tumours, astrocytomas, oligodendrogliomas, ependymomas and craniopharyngiomas. This kind of tumor is tend to happen in female than in male gender.
Many symptoms are related with the existence of brain cancer. Symptoms that usually appeared as the sign of this cancer are headaches, myclonic, Loss of consciousness and body tone, change in sensation due to sensory breakage, Personality or memory changes, Nausea or vomiting, and fatigue. 3
Although relatively rare, brain cancer is a condition that is greatly affect the human life or ability. There are many cause of this disorder, which are older age, exposure to radiation including medical radiation like x-ray or CT-scan, history of previous cancer, genetic factors, obesity, cellphone radiation, etc. 4
Related Acupuncture Points :
LI4 LI11 LI15 ST36 LIV3 SP6 REN4 REN6
Acupuncture treatment for Brain Cancer
Acupuncture may not be able to completely cure the brain cancer, but somewhat this kind of treatment may be able to help the patient to reduce the symptoms of the brain cancer like nausea or vomiting. The treatment is given based on the careful assessment of the patient history of sickness The treatment given to the patient that have brain cancer usually given one or two times per week. As it is mainly to target the qi blockage, therefore treatment will aim mainly the spleen and kidney organ.
- Brain cancer,cancer.org.au, http://www.cancer.org.au/about-cancer/types-of-cancer/brain-cancer.html
- Brain cancer, umm.edu, https://www.umms.org/umgccc/cancer-services/cancer-types/brain
- Brain Tumor – Symptoms and Signs, Approved by the Cancer.Net Editorial Board, 08/2015, http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/brain-tumor/symptoms-and-signs
- Brain tumour risks and causes, cancerresearchuk.org, http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/type/brain-tumour/about/brain-tumour-risks-and-causes
- Case report: Treat Brain Tumor with acupuncture and herbs, encognitive.com, http://www.encognitive.com/node/3761